Labiaplasty in Winnipeg, at First Glance
Serving Patients Across Canada for 25+ Years
What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that reshapes and reduces the size of the labia minora, the inner lips of the vulva. It is increasingly popular among women who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their labia.
Labiaplasty can be beneficial for women who experience physical discomfort due to enlarged or asymmetrical labia. It can also improve self-confidence and help women feel more comfortable in their bodies.
This is a highly customized procedure for each patient and should only be performed by a surgeon who has had specialized training in female genital surgery.
Key Benefits of Labiaplasty
- Reduces Discomfort: Labiaplasty can reduce discomfort caused by enlarged or asymmetrical labia. It can help alleviate itching, irritation, and pain during sexual activity.
- Improves Appearance: Labiaplasty can improve the appearance of the labia, making them look more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing. This can help boost self-confidence and make women feel more comfortable in their own skin.
- Improves Sexual Function: Labiaplasty can help improve sexual function. Reducing the size of the labia, can reduce the likelihood of painful intercourse and make the genital area more sensitive to stimulation.
- Improves Hygiene: Labiaplasty can improve hygiene by reducing the likelihood of trapped bacteria and sweat, which can lead to unpleasant odors and infections.
- Improves Confidence: Labiaplasty can help improve self-confidence and body image. Women who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their labia may feel more confident and comfortable in their skin after the procedure.
Elevating Natural Beauty
Everyone deserves to feel confident and comfortable. The First Glance Aesthetic Clinic & Surgery Centre is a place to treat yourself and feel good. It’s about enjoyment, enhancement, the appreciation of aesthetics, and the art of self-expression. A reflection of kindness, compassion, and understanding.
Our mission is to nurture the human spirit — and elevate natural beauty — one person, one procedure, and one transformation at a time.
Your Custom Labiaplasty Treatment Plan
When it comes to aesthetic surgery of any kind, there’s no such thing as one size fits all. Every patient has their own unique surgical needs.
Whether you are interested in a subtle natural look or dramatic results, your surgery will be fully customized according to your existing anatomy, unique surgical requirements, and desired aesthetic results.
Why would you get this procedure?
There are many reasons why a woman would seek a labiaplasty. Most women feel that the labia minora are dangling beyond the labia majora making them feel “bulky” in yoga pants or a bathing suit, to the point of not wanting to wear anything revealing. Some women complain of rubbing against their underwear during athletic activities such as running or cycling making those activities uncomfortable.
Although the surgery results in a physical change, it can have positive psychological benefits through improved confidence in clothing and relationships.
Due to increasing access to images of ‘the perfect female anatomy” on social media or the internet, women have been faced with the question of whether or not they look ‘normal.’ The truth is there is no normal. There are differences in skin color, texture, and shape – making every one unique. That is why your surgery will be custom-tailored to your desired outcome and anatomy.
Dr. Heather Diamond is a board-certified gynecologist and has performed cosmetic labiaplasties throughout her career. As a surgeon and a medical aesthetic physician, her knowledge of the anatomy, the expertise to diagnose issues, ability to handle complications should they occur, and aesthetic mindset makes her a uniquely qualified expert to perform labiaplasty surgery.
Preparation For Your Consultation
During your consultation, a complete medical history and a list of medications, including vitamins and herbs will be obtained.
Some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair healing.
- Do not drink alcohol in excess for two weeks before your procedure, and for one week after the surgery as this can thin your blood and affect the anesthetic.
- Surgery is performed with light sedation and local anesthetic freezing in our accredited surgical facility at The First Glance Clinic
- Surgery generally takes 1 hr to do and is performed on an out-patient basis
- Stitches are used and dissolve but removal maybe wished at about 10-12 days post-surgery
There are risks with any surgery and although rare they can occur. Risks include (but are not limited to): bleeding, infection, suture line opening, delayed wound healing, painful intercourse, and asymmetry.
- Patients may experience some bruising, swelling, and discomfort after the procedure. Swelling may linger for as long as two weeks or perhaps longer. Pain medication will be prescribed to control any discomfort.
- Apply ice packs to both the labia and clitoral area off and on for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling.
- During the recovery period, patients are not to engage in sexual activity for 6 weeks. No yoga, spinning, cycling, Pilates, or weightlifting for 6 weeks. Most patients return to work in one week. Others, whose job may be more physically demanding, may require more time off of work.
- Patients may shower on the second or third day following surgery. No baths for 4 weeks. The use of thong underwear and tight fitting clothing should be avoided for 4 weeks post-surgery.
Your Transformation Begins Here
If you have a preferred treatment or surgery date, do not wait until it’s too late.
The First Glance is a very active aesthetic surgery practice. Patients typically book well in advance for consultations and surgery dates.
Call (204) 885-1419 to reserve your consultation, our Patient Coordinators are happy to help you.