Laser Vaginal Tightening
Serving Patients Across Canada for 25+ Years
What is Laser Vaginal Tightening
The Fotona Vaginal Erbium Laser can be is an innovative and highly effective treatment for vaginal weakness and stress urinary incontinence, resulting in improved sexual gratification and the end of embarrassing involuntary urinary leaks. The Fotona “G-Runner” causes a photo-thermal heating effect on the collagen in the vaginal walls and urethra.
This in turn causes restructuring and regrowth of collagen, resulting in thickening and tightening of the vaginal walls and urethra. New collagen begins to be deposited in 3 weeks but maximal effect is achieved in 6-8 months as the collagen matures.
Why do we recommend this procedure?
The physical effects of childbirth on the female body include loss of vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. The internal and external diameters of the vagina become stretched and the vagina does not return to its pre-pregnancy state. Over time, these physical effects worsen. That means seemingly minor differences in appearance, function, and sexual gratification become more pronounced. This is even more magnified in women who have delivered multiple children.
Many women can feel those physical changes. Each of these factors individually contributes to lessened sexual gratification and when combined there is a significant decrease.
Not only is sexual gratification negatively impacted by these physical changes, but stress urinary incontinence can also occur leading to social embarrassment. The involuntary loss of urine when coughing, sneezing, laughing, or exercising is called stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is a common result of childbirth especially multiple deliveries. Vaginal and perineal body muscles (muscles located between the rectum and vagina) are strained significantly during childbirth. These muscles can be stretched so much that they cannot return to their pre-pregnancy state and are permanently weakened. Even with Kegels or other commonly-recommended treatments these muscles never get back to normal. The lack of structure and strength in your muscles can lead to stress urinary incontinence.
What Happens During The Procedure
- No sedation or anesthetic required
- Minimal to no donwtime
- Minimally invasive with no incisions
- Laser pulses slowly along the total length of the vaginal wall
- Treatment time is approximately 25 minutes with 3 treatment sessions usually required approximately 1 month apart.
- There can be some temporary discomfort and sensation of heat. This dissipates quickly with no lasting discomfort
- An overall improvement of the elasticity of the treated tissue and greater support to the bladder.
- Improved continence- almost 70% of patients are dry after 120 days.
- 95% of patients reported improved sexual gratification
- 97% patient satisfaction overall
Post Treatment Guidelines for Vaginal Tightening
- No special after care or medication is required.
- You can expect some mild swelling and redness of the treated area.
- There may be spotting or an increase in watery vaginal discharge for a few days.
Things to avoid
- Take care to avoid trauma to the treated area. Abstain from sexual intercourse for at least a week after treatment
- Don’t use tampons until 1 month after you have completed your treatments.
- No baths or hot tubs for 2 weeks. Showering is fine.
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity for a month.
- Avoid jumping or bouncing activities for a month.
Your Transformation Begins Here
If you have a preferred treatment or surgery date, do not wait until it’s too late.