Dr. Avi Islur Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Avi Islur was presented with his Bachelor of Science degree in biology at The University of Western Ontario in 1998. He then went on to acquire his medical degree at The University of Toronto in 2002 afterwards completing his residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The University of Manitoba in 2007. Additional sub-specialty training in 2008 was completed in San Francisco at the prestigious Buncke Clinic.
Published author of articles and book chapters in plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery and microsurgery literature. He has presented research at national and international reconstructive and plastic surgery conferences. Dr. Avi Islur travels regularly, visiting with leaders in the field of reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery to teach and exchange surgical information.
Check out Dr. Avi Islurs website by clicking here.
Did You Know???
Dr. Avi Islur is a board certified cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon who has performed over 10,000 procedures. He has trained many other cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeons around the world, is an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manitoba and has volunteered hundreds of hours to work as the Director for the Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program.
Dr. Avi Islur has a surgical approach that is based on the ideals of natural aesthetics. The Canadian way of life, where appreciation of beauty, simplicity, functionality and healthy living influences everything. Dr. Avi Islur is focused on providing a natural appearance through advanced surgical techniques that respect the balance and proportions of the face and body, and produce results that restore and enhance, but are never over done. Dr. Avi Islur was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. Throughout his life, Dr. Avi Islur has studied all forms of art and has carried this passion and study into his career.
Dr. Islur a very active member in the field of plastic surgery and is always striving to refine his techniques.
Here are a list of some of the Societies and Boards the Dr. Islur is a member of:
- Board Certified in Plastic + Reconstructive Surgery by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. Boniface General Hospital
- Director of the Plastic Surgery Residency training program at the University of Manitoba
- Spotlighted by The Leading Physicians of the World
- Selected as a Top Doctor by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
- On the editorial board for the journal Microsurgery
- Reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Islur Specializes in a wide range of cosmetic surgeries such as:
- Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Fat Transfer to Breasts
- Breast Reduction
- Male Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Thigh and Arm Lift