The following is a list of surgery requirements for those having surgery with either a Local or General Anesthetic:
Download a copy of our History & Physical form*
Drugs Associated with Bruising and Bleeding
STOP taking 10 days prior to your surgery * Including Generics *
Medical Blood Thinners
St. John’s Wort
All of the following Herbals, Vitamin Supplements & Multivitamins and Foods (These are Blood Thinners Too)
Cod-liver Oil/Fish Oil Capsules
Garlic, Garlic Pills
Omega -3,-6 fatty acids
Evening Primrose Oil
Sunflower, Pumpkin or Flax Seeds/Oils
For Selphyl Injections AVOID Antihistamines and STAY HYDRATED!
No alcohol consumption the night before
DO NOT wear make-up, nail polish, false nails, body piercings, or jewelry. You will be asked to remove contact lenses, dentures, and hearing aides before going into the operating room.
DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your surgery date. Your surgery will be canceled if you do and we will charge a cancellation fee in the amount of your facility fee.*
DO call your surgeon’s office as soon as possible if you develop a rash, sore throat, etc. one week or less prior to your surgery, or if you cannot keep your surgery appointment.
DO be sure to arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after surgery. You are under no circumstances allowed to leave alone, take a taxi, or drive yourself home. A responsible adult should stay with you from the time your surgery is completed until the next morning.
DO wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to put on; preferably tops that button up in the front. Lots of our patients even wear their pajamas to the clinic the day of their surgeries, so feel free!
You are REQUIRED to have a History & Physical form completed by a 3rd party Doctor, you may have this completed by either you regular physician or any walk in clinic. We will provide you with the form to have competed and it will need to be competed at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery date and cannot be more than 3 months old. If you over 50 years of age you will also require an EKG to be performed during your physical.
Your Surgery Fee is due in full 3-4 weeks prior to your surgery date. Payments can be made by Cash, Cheque (cannot be post dated or 3rd party), Visa, MasterCard or Interac. The Anesthetic fee is to be paid separate by either Cash or Certified Cheque made payable to the Anesthesiologist and is also due 2 weeks prior to your surgery date – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Non-compliance with the following may result in the cancellation of your surgery. In certain instances you may also be required to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to your facility fee. The following is a list of situations in which you would be required to pay a cancellation fee:
- No payment or late payment.
- Failure to show on your scheduled surgery date.
- Inadequate cancellation notice – you are required to give a minimum of 3 weeks notice of cancellation.
- Late arrival on your scheduled surgery date – you are required to arrive a minimum of one and a half hours prior to your slated surgery time.
- Non-compliance with fasting (no eating or drinking after midnight the night prior to your surgery).*
- Non-compliance with avoiding blood thinners a minimum of 10 days prior to your surgery date.
- Non-compliance with obtaining your History & Physical & EKG when required in a timely fashion (minimum 2 weeks prior to your surgery date, maximum of 3 months prior to your surgery date).*
- Failure to obtain a responsible adult to drive you home. You are under no circumstances allowed to leave alone, take a taxi, or drive yourself home. A responsible adult should stay with you from the time your surgery is completed until the next morning.
In the event that you do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee in the amount of your quoted facility fee. This amount will not be refunded or carried over in the event that you reschedule your surgery.